Slight progress was made last night, only logging on for one dungeon. I found a warrior tank in LFG for Utgarde Pinnacle, so that is where it started a tank and a priest. We soon found three DPS, with a couple of people leaving but we were on our way until I got a whisper from the tank. He was asking me about it being heroic or not, which I explained I found him in the regular LFG and not the heroic one and asked him what he wanted to do. Which he said he preferred Heroic and I said he could but he tanked it anyway... We did end up having me, almost all Disc and a Disc/Holy hybrid priest which was great to my surprise. I was expecting it to drag, but really didn't and it was nice to have a back up healer ons ome parts (even if he did die a few times) due to lag or my lack of skill.
As far Utgarde Pinnacle, I didn't get to spend as much time looking around as much as I would. It is the second dungeon I have done once before and didn't get any achievements for it. Which was fixed in this run. Mob wise I wasn't too impressed with the graphics, would like to look more at the background though. I did LOVE the music, which I believe is a highland type theme. I did catch myself a couple of times just listening to it and then running into walls. The king is by far the coolest room, just reminded me of the king in Two Towers sitting there all uninterested and then to life. Would have been nice to see a more of a monologue from him though with some LOTR jokes or references. I did get three upgrades: a cloak, helm and chest piece; which adding in the three bubbles of experience was a great run for the hour time. It was fast paced, sometimes a little too fast but that is what happens when the tank is over geared and the priest needs mana.
I played a warrior in the closed beta, open beta and most of my first two and a half years of WoW. I like to think this is what really makes a good healer or a good tank....knowing first hand the other role. I do have to admit that I am enjoying the healing even if I seem out of practice and sluggish at times; but I have recently been missing my warrior tank. the bond between a tank and a healer is something that is amazing. I am a bit partial to those I have ran with before, and will always heal for them if they let me. I think I need to make it a little more known how much I respect and enjoy those big (or small) balls of armor in my Priestly life.
Decision Point
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment